A ceremony to raise the national flag of the Republic of Azerbaijan was held in front of the City Hall of San Jose, California, the Capital of Silicon Valley, which is considered the source of the technological innovations of recent years, the bustling center of high technology in the US.
Held on the occasion of Azerbaijan’s Independence Day, the ceremony was held in partnership with the Azerbaijani Community Center in San Jose, and San Jose City Hall. It was attended by San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo, city Council Members Tam Nguyen, Johnny Khamis, as well as members of the Azerbaijani community and employees of the Azerbaijani Embassy in the US.
Addressing the ceremony, San Jose Mayor Liccardo expressed his confidence that the event would become a tradition, and stressed the importance of expanding bilateral ties between the two countries. He highlighted the role of the Azerbaijani community in the city.
San Jose city Council Members hailed the celebration of Azerbaijan`s independence in their city, saying they believe this will contribute to the development of relations between Azerbaijan and the city of San Jose.
Counselor of the Azerbaijani Embassy Mammad Talibov expressed his gratitude to the Azerbaijani community and San Jose City Hall for organizing the event. He hailed it as a good opportunity to familiarize San Jose people with Azerbaijan.
- The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan opened the Kurdemir American Corner
- Azerbaijan maintains strong counterterrorism co-op with US
- Посол Азербайджана в США Элин Сулейманов рассказал о последней армянской провокации на форуме The Heritage Foundation
- Президент Ильхам Алиев: Отношения между Азербайджаном и США вступают в новую стадию
- Глава консульской службы посольства Соединенных Штатов в Азербайджане Ким Моралес: Как получить неиммиграционную визу США в Азербайджане