U.S. Ambassador Robert Cekuta has visited the Central Election Commission of Azerbaijan to meet its chairman Mazahir Panahov.
The chairman highlighted the commission`s cooperation with the Embassy. He said this cooperation has played an important role in improving the country`s election practice.
Mr Cekuta stressed the importance of elections for the country.
Mr Panahov also highlighted election legislation in Azerbaijan, and preparations for the parliamentary elections set for November 1.
- Известная американская радиопрограмма подготовила цикл передач об Aзербайджане
- President Ilham Aliyev received US Congressional delegation
- Азербайджанская газета Azernews начала распространяться в США
- US Chargé D’affaires opens conference marking World day against trafficking in persons
- Art exposition of young Azerbaijani-American female artists held in Los Angeles