U.S. Ambassador Robert Cekuta has visited the Central Election Commission of Azerbaijan to meet its chairman Mazahir Panahov.
The chairman highlighted the commission`s cooperation with the Embassy. He said this cooperation has played an important role in improving the country`s election practice.
Mr Cekuta stressed the importance of elections for the country.
Mr Panahov also highlighted election legislation in Azerbaijan, and preparations for the parliamentary elections set for November 1.
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia