Azerbaijani First Lady, President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Mehriban Aliyeva met U.S. Ambassador to Baku Robert Cekuta, on October 15.
The First Lady highlighted bilateral relations between the United States and Azerbaijan.
Mehriban Aliyeva said the two countries were successfully cooperating in a number of fields, including political and economic spheres after Azerbaijan regained its independence.
The President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation hailed cooperation between the two countries in the oil and gas sector.
Aliyeva also noted that the biggest projects of the region were implemented in Azerbaijan, and stressed the importance of these projects for both the region and Europe.
New head of the representation of US Agency for International Development Michaela Meredith was also present at the meeting.
Since Azerbaijan’s emergence as an independent nation in 1991, the U.S.-Azerbaijan relationship has evolved into a strategic partnership based on mutual interests and common values.
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia