Azerbaijani First Lady, President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Mehriban Aliyeva met U.S. Ambassador to Baku Robert Cekuta, on October 15.
The First Lady highlighted bilateral relations between the United States and Azerbaijan.
Mehriban Aliyeva said the two countries were successfully cooperating in a number of fields, including political and economic spheres after Azerbaijan regained its independence.
The President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation hailed cooperation between the two countries in the oil and gas sector.
Aliyeva also noted that the biggest projects of the region were implemented in Azerbaijan, and stressed the importance of these projects for both the region and Europe.
New head of the representation of US Agency for International Development Michaela Meredith was also present at the meeting.
Since Azerbaijan’s emergence as an independent nation in 1991, the U.S.-Azerbaijan relationship has evolved into a strategic partnership based on mutual interests and common values.
- В Лос-Анджелесе состоялась премьера фильма «Командировка в вечность», снятого при поддержке Фонда Гейдара Алиева
- Президент Ильхам Алиев принял делегацию во главе с командующим Транспортного командования США
- Los Angeles hosts the U.S. premiere screening of Azerbaijani film “Life-Long Mission”
- Monterey City of California honors the 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s National Flag
- U.S.-Caspian Innovation Summit to take place in Boston