Attended by representatives of Washington`s business, political and diplomatic circles, the event was held in a format of an open interview with Azerbaijan`s Ambassador Elin Suleymanov.
The Ambassador highlighted Azerbaijan`s accomplishments. He noted the implementation of Azerbaijan-initiated projects such as Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil and Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline projects, saying they contributed to the development of both Azerbaijan and other countries of the region.
The Ambassador highlighted tolerance in Azerbaijan, saying Muslims, Christians and Jews have lived in the country in an atmosphere of tolerance and friendship for centuries.
Mr Suleymanov also drew the audience`s attention to the cause and consequences of the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
He also highlighted the parliamentary elections to be held in Baku on November 1. He said it was important that the United States pursue a more open, objective and constructive policy towards partner countries, including Azerbaijan.
The Ambassador also addressed more than hundred members of the International Club of Annapolis.
- U.S. hopes change of power in Armenia to lead to progress in settlement of Karabakh conflict
- Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs may soon meet in New York
- США готовы поддержать развитие пчеловодства в Азербайджане
- Azerbaijani grandmaster Shahriyar Mammadyarov draws with American Hikaru Nakamura in Sinquefield Cup
- Американское издание об азербайджанской модели межрелигиозной гармонии и мультикультурализма