Attended by representatives of Washington`s business, political and diplomatic circles, the event was held in a format of an open interview with Azerbaijan`s Ambassador Elin Suleymanov.
The Ambassador highlighted Azerbaijan`s accomplishments. He noted the implementation of Azerbaijan-initiated projects such as Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil and Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline projects, saying they contributed to the development of both Azerbaijan and other countries of the region.
The Ambassador highlighted tolerance in Azerbaijan, saying Muslims, Christians and Jews have lived in the country in an atmosphere of tolerance and friendship for centuries.
Mr Suleymanov also drew the audience`s attention to the cause and consequences of the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
He also highlighted the parliamentary elections to be held in Baku on November 1. He said it was important that the United States pursue a more open, objective and constructive policy towards partner countries, including Azerbaijan.
The Ambassador also addressed more than hundred members of the International Club of Annapolis.
- US House of Reps member: Azerbaijan is important actor for advancement of global security
- Член комитета по энергетике и торговле Палаты представителей Конгресса США Юджин Грин: Азербайджан – значимая страна для прогресса глобальной безопасности
- Госдеп США: TANAP является прочным дополнительным элементом энергетической безопасности Турции и Европы
- The Mayor of the US capital city of Washington Muriel Bowser signed the proclamation in connection with the centennial of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- Celebration of the Centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in Washington, DC