Attended by representatives of Washington`s business, political and diplomatic circles, the event was held in a format of an open interview with Azerbaijan`s Ambassador Elin Suleymanov.
The Ambassador highlighted Azerbaijan`s accomplishments. He noted the implementation of Azerbaijan-initiated projects such as Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil and Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline projects, saying they contributed to the development of both Azerbaijan and other countries of the region.
The Ambassador highlighted tolerance in Azerbaijan, saying Muslims, Christians and Jews have lived in the country in an atmosphere of tolerance and friendship for centuries.
Mr Suleymanov also drew the audience`s attention to the cause and consequences of the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
He also highlighted the parliamentary elections to be held in Baku on November 1. He said it was important that the United States pursue a more open, objective and constructive policy towards partner countries, including Azerbaijan.
The Ambassador also addressed more than hundred members of the International Club of Annapolis.
- Николь Шерзингер о концерте в Баку: “Это было незабываемо”
- Azerbaijani Musician Ramiz Guliyev to perform in Canada
- Kanada vətəndaşı Azərbaycan mahnılarına aşiqdir
- The Daily Caller: США могли бы способствовать урегулированию карабахского конфликта, выведя Армению за российскую орбиту
- E-visa to Azerbaijan Within 3 Hours