The ‘NATO Days’ kicked off in the Azerbaijani armed forces on October 6.
A group of experts from NATO Allied Command Transformation organize the “NATO Days” in the Azerbaijani armed forces on the order of Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov, the ministry reported.
The NATO delegation led by chief of the military partnership department, Lieutenant General Ali Cetinkaya (Turkey) will visit the Military Academy of the Azerbaijani armed forces, Higher Military School named after Heydar Aliyev and a training center, get acquainted with their activity, conduct briefings and discussions.
The event will last until October 8.
NATO and Azerbaijan are actively cooperating on democratic, institutional, and military reforms, and enjoy practical cooperation in various areas. The cooperation plan between Azerbaijan and the NATO is set out in the Individual Partnership Action Plan (IPAP) on Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan aspires to achieve Euro-Atlantic standards and get closer to Euro-Atlantic institutions. In this regard, supporting reform in the security sector and establishing democratic institutions are the key elements of the NATO-Azerbaijan cooperation.
Azerbaijan’s military personnel have been a part of the ISAF contingent in the peacekeeping mission in Afghanistan, which began on November 20, 2002. The Azerbaijani peacekeeping contingent doubled in 2009.
Currently, some 90 Azerbaijani servicemen are part of the international forces securing safety in Afghanistan. Azerbaijan is among the eight partner countries that have approved an extension of troops in the country after 2014.
Azerbaijan has also facilitated the transport of logistical supplies in support of NATO operations in Afghanistan.
- В Центре мугама в Международный день джаза выступит американская группа Kennedy Administration
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран