“Our relations with Azerbaijan will remain at the level of strategic partnership,” U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence for Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia Evelyn Farkas has told a press conference in Baku.
“Azerbaijan remains a strategic ally of the U.S. We are proud of cooperation with this country in the field of security,” she added.
Farkas underlined that Azerbaijan was one of the first countries that supported the United States after the September 11 events, adding ever since the country has supported the fight against terrorism.
“We have strong bilateral relations with Azerbaijan. The United States respects Azerbaijan`s sovereignty and territorial integrity. Azerbaijan is closely cooperating with the U.S. to stop the financial aid to extremist organizations. At the same time, we continue negotiations to strengthen our cooperation,” she added.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports