“Anti-Azerbaijani activities of some circles in the U.S. contradict strategic nature of relations between our countries,” said Azerbaijan`s Minister of Foreign Affairs Elmar Mammadyarov as he met a U.S. delegation led by Evelyn Farkas, deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence for Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia. He stressed that cooperation in the fields of energy, fight against terrorism and defence and security should complete the political relations.
Mammadyarov said Azerbaijan has closely supported the international community`s efforts in the fight against terrorism.
He said Azerbaijan assisted restoration of peace and stability in Afghanistan on bilateral and multilateral basis, adding “Azerbaijan`s peace keeping forces are successfully serving in Afghanistan”.
Touching upon the Azerbaijan-initiated Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and TANAP and TAP projects, Mammadyarov said the projects will change the transportation and energy picture of the region.
Farkas said the relations between Azerbaijan and the U.S. were based on strategic partnership. She noted that the U.S.` strategic interests related to the fight against terrorism, energy security and peacekeeping operations coincide with Azerbaijan`s interests, and hailed the two countries` cooperation in these fields.
Farkas noted the United States applaud Azerbaijan`s contribution to operations in Afghanistan.
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран
- Азербайджан стал вторым на Кубке мира по вольной борьбе