“Anti-Azerbaijani activities of some circles in the U.S. contradict strategic nature of relations between our countries,” said Azerbaijan`s Minister of Foreign Affairs Elmar Mammadyarov as he met a U.S. delegation led by Evelyn Farkas, deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence for Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia. He stressed that cooperation in the fields of energy, fight against terrorism and defence and security should complete the political relations.
Mammadyarov said Azerbaijan has closely supported the international community`s efforts in the fight against terrorism.
He said Azerbaijan assisted restoration of peace and stability in Afghanistan on bilateral and multilateral basis, adding “Azerbaijan`s peace keeping forces are successfully serving in Afghanistan”.
Touching upon the Azerbaijan-initiated Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and TANAP and TAP projects, Mammadyarov said the projects will change the transportation and energy picture of the region.
Farkas said the relations between Azerbaijan and the U.S. were based on strategic partnership. She noted that the U.S.` strategic interests related to the fight against terrorism, energy security and peacekeeping operations coincide with Azerbaijan`s interests, and hailed the two countries` cooperation in these fields.
Farkas noted the United States applaud Azerbaijan`s contribution to operations in Afghanistan.
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles
- U.S. City of Phoenix proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day & 100th anniversary of its diplomatic service celebrated in Los Angeles