The United States-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce and the U.S. Commercial Service has started the formation of the American trade mission to Azerbaijan, the USACC reported on August 27.
The mission, that will take place on November 18-20, is a response to the rapid growth and potential of Azerbaijan.
“It [mission] offers the American companies the opportunity to explore the Azerbaijani market, to explore ways to increase profits and to overcome barriers, build relations with leading regional industry experts, government officials and global companies, to identify prospective partners, customers, agents, and distributors,” the statement reads.
The mission is open to U.S. companies, investors, consultants specializing in the field of agriculture, banking and financial services, chemicals and petrochemicals, education, energy, food processing, healthcare, telecommunications and IT, infrastructure and construction, light industry, machinery, pharmaceuticals, transport and logistics, and tourism.
Applications for participation in the mission are accepted until October 30.
The trade turnover between Azerbaijan and the U.S. increased by 7.7 percent in the annual quantities – up to $877.07 million – in January-July, according to the Azerbaijan State Customs Committee.
Compared with the same period last year, imports of U.S. goods to Azerbaijan increased by 1.67 times, while the export of Azerbaijani goods decreased by 1.69 times.
The USACC, established in 1995, is a vital resource for American companies seeking to start long-term business ties with Azerbaijan. The USACC is active in promoting such sectors of Azerbaijani economy as agriculture, construction, information technology, alternative energy and tourism.
- Forbes рассказало о туристическом потенциале Азербайджана
- Steven Seagal will become a special guest of the International Music Festival Zhara 2018 in Baku
- Государственный департамент США поддерживает проект “Южный газовый коридор”
- Azerbaijan Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies has signed a three-year agreement with Microsoft for the purchase of software licenses
- Azerbaijan strengthens its influence on world stage