He discussed the aerospace cooperation efforts with CEO of Azercosmos OJSC Rashad Nabiyev, the US embassy in Azerbaijan reported.
The ambassador said that the US companies can continue to provide valuable expertise in Azerbaijan’s aerospace industry and related fields.
Azercosmos is the first satellite operator in the Caucasus. Azerspace-1, the telecommunication satellite operated by Azercosmos, provides highly-reliable broadband and broadcast solutions to its customers in Europe, Africa, Middle East, the Caucasus, and Central Asia.
The satellite which will operate in orbit for at least 15 years was launched in February 2013 and is equipped with 36 transponders: 24 in C-band and 12 in Ku-band at 46° East longitude.
The company’s strategic development plans include the launch of a second telecommunications satellite and establishment of commercial business of Earth observation services in upcoming years.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports