Jerry Brown, the governor of California State of the U.S. has extended his congratulations to the people of Azerbaijan and the Azerbaijani community in California on the occasion of the 97th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, the first secular democracy in the Muslim world.
In his letter sent to the Azerbaijani Consulate General in Los Angeles, Brown noted that Azerbaijan has “a storied history of trade, commerce, religion, and community” and “the Azerbaijani people in California and throughout the globe take pride in their culture and heritage.”
“Republic Day is a time to celebrate and link to your ancestral homeland. Today’s celebration honors and preserves traditions that have contributed to California’s culture and vitality,” said Brown, who has been California governor since 2011.
He finished his congratulatory message by wishing on behalf of the State of California “the people of Azerbaijan and the people of Azerbaijani descent a very happy Republic Day.”
May 28, 1918, marks the establishment of the ADR, the first independent republic and democratic state on the East. Although it existed for only 23 months, it brought about great progress in foreign policy, and introduced Azerbaijan to the international community.
Azerbaijan, which gained its independence in 1991 after the collapse of the Soviet Union, celebrates May 28 annually as the Republic Day.
- Лотерея Green Card 2019 (DV-2019) – Ранее поданные заявки аннулированы. Новый регистрационный период
- Green Card Lottery – (Diversity Visa Lottery DV 2019) Entries Submitted During October 3-10 are not valid
- ABŞ-ın ən böyük Ticarət Missiyası Azərbaycana gəlir
- Азербайджанская делегация, возглавляемая министром финансов Самиром Шарифовым, отправилась в Вашингтон
- Azerbaijani delegation, headed by the country’s Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, left for Washington to attend the annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund