Hartford mayor Pedro E. Segarra signed a proclamation announcing the May 28 as Day of Azerbaijan in Hartford.
Every year Azerbaijanis around the globe observe the 28th of May as Azerbaijani National Day to remember the contributions of their forefathers in the spread of democracy in the Caucasus region, Central Asia and the Middle East.
The Republic of Azerbaijan was established on May 28, 1918 and became the first secular democratic republic in the Turkic and Muslim world.
The Republic of Azerbaijan is an active member of the NATO partnership for Peace program, and Azerbaijani troops stood shoulder to shoulder with the United States in peacekeeping operations in Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq.
The Azerbaijani Americans are an ethnic community with recognized presence in the City of Hartford actively contributing to regional diversity intercultural understanding, peace and prosperity. AzeriAmerica.com – Azerbaijani News and Informational website was founded in the State of Connecticut in 2009 covering all the latest news on Azerbaijani-U.S relations and the latest Azerbaijani community news and events.
The Azerbaijani community celebrates its 97th anniversary of the Democratic Republic of Azerbaijan.
The Proclamation was submitted to the founder of AzeriAmerica.com Asif Aliyev.
- Steven Seagal will become a special guest of the International Music Festival Zhara 2018 in Baku
- Государственный департамент США поддерживает проект “Южный газовый коридор”
- Azerbaijan Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies has signed a three-year agreement with Microsoft for the purchase of software licenses
- Azerbaijan strengthens its influence on world stage
- Азербайджан вошел в топ-50 самых влиятельных стран мира