“Azerbaijani-Americans comprise an ethnic community with a recognized presence in Virginia, actively contributing to regional diversity, intercultural understanding, peace, and prosperity,” the Certificate of Recognition signed by the Governor of Virginia said.
“The Republic of Azerbaijan was established on May 28, 1918, and became the first democratic republic in the Turkic and Muslim world; and the Republic of Azerbaijan was among the first nation-states to grant suffrage to all citizens, and was recognized by other democratic nations, including the United States of America.”
Mr McAuliffe said: “In the promulgation of its founders’ guiding principles and common values of respect for humanity and democracy, the Republic of Azerbaijan is a staunch ally and strategic partner of the United States.”
He described Azerbaijani National Day as “an opportunity to celebrate Virginia`s Azerbaijani-Americans, whose abilities and contributions strengthen Virginia`s economy, enrich Virginia`s diverse culture, and invigorate Virginia`s communities”.
- Президент Ильхам Алиев встретился в Давосе с главами компаний “The Boston Consulting Group”
- Зимняя акция от AZAL: Бесплатный авиабилет детям при путешествии с родителями
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) announces a new winter campaign: Free air tickets for children traveling with parents
- Бакинская высшая школа нефти укрепляет партнерские связи с Baker Hughes, General Electric Company
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”