“Azerbaijani-Americans comprise an ethnic community with a recognized presence in Virginia, actively contributing to regional diversity, intercultural understanding, peace, and prosperity,” the Certificate of Recognition signed by the Governor of Virginia said.
“The Republic of Azerbaijan was established on May 28, 1918, and became the first democratic republic in the Turkic and Muslim world; and the Republic of Azerbaijan was among the first nation-states to grant suffrage to all citizens, and was recognized by other democratic nations, including the United States of America.”
Mr McAuliffe said: “In the promulgation of its founders’ guiding principles and common values of respect for humanity and democracy, the Republic of Azerbaijan is a staunch ally and strategic partner of the United States.”
He described Azerbaijani National Day as “an opportunity to celebrate Virginia`s Azerbaijani-Americans, whose abilities and contributions strengthen Virginia`s economy, enrich Virginia`s diverse culture, and invigorate Virginia`s communities”.
- США будут применять опыт Азербайджана в Мексиканском заливе
- Consulate General hosts charity event in California in memory of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- Американский космонавт, астронавт NASA: “Азербайджан восхитил меня”
- Azerbaijani carpets to be displayed in U.S.
- US welcomes the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers held in Vienna