“I offer you and the people of Azerbaijan my sincerest congratulations on Republic Day this May 28. As you celebrate the founding of the world`s first Muslim-majority secular democracy in 1918, know that the United States is committed to working with Azerbaijan as it builds on that legacy to create a more prosperous, more democratic future for all Azerbaijanis,” Obama said in his message.
President Obama said since Azerbaijan`s independence, the United States has strongly supported the security and democratic and economic development of Azerbaijan. “We do so because we value our bilateral relationship and appreciate our partnership in many areas, including in promoting the peaceful resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, stability in Afghanistan, and European energy diversification.”
“Our partnership is also strengthened by the ties between our people. Ensuring all citizens` fundamental freedoms will enhance both our countries` security and allow for even closer coordination between our governments. Please accept my best wishes in celebrating your national day,” the message said.
- The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan opened the Kurdemir American Corner
- Azerbaijan maintains strong counterterrorism co-op with US
- Посол Азербайджана в США Элин Сулейманов рассказал о последней армянской провокации на форуме The Heritage Foundation
- Президент Ильхам Алиев: Отношения между Азербайджаном и США вступают в новую стадию
- Глава консульской службы посольства Соединенных Штатов в Азербайджане Ким Моралес: Как получить неиммиграционную визу США в Азербайджане