Governor of the U.S. State of Nevada Brian Sandoval has signed a proclamation declaring May 28th, 2015 as the Azerbaijan National Day in the State of Nevada.
In the proclamation, which was sent to the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles, the Governor notes that “on May 28, 1918, Azerbaijan declared its independence establishing the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, which became the first secular parliamentary democracy in the Muslim world, and was recognized by the other democratic nations, including the United States of America.“
It is also stated that “during the short period of independence Azerbaijan granted all people the right to vote regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, and religion, becoming the first Muslim nation to grant women equal political rights with men, an accomplishment preceding the U.S.”
The Governor further notes that after restoring its independence in 1991, “the Republic of Azerbaijan has consolidated its sovereignty and independence, and has become a staunch ally and strategic partner of the U.S. in the critically important Caspian region.”
Noting that every year “millions of Azerbaijanis around the globe, including tens of thousands in the USA observe May 28 as the National Day”, the Governor proclaims this date to be the Azerbaijan National Day in the State of Nevada.
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран
- Азербайджан стал вторым на Кубке мира по вольной борьбе