Mr. Khalafov stressed the importance of the interparliamentary relations in terms of the development of bilateral relations between the two countries.
The Deputy Foreign Minister noted that there were great opportunities for developing cooperation in a variety of fields, especially in the economic area.
Khalafov provided an insight into the current situation of negotiations to settle the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, adding the international community must put an end to double standards and demonstrate a fair position.
The Deputy FM emphasized that Canada as a NATO member should be active in this process and must not allow any Canadian companies to operate in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
Barry Devolin said the reflection of concrete projects for the development of trade relations between Canada and Azerbaijan would be fruitful.
- США будут применять опыт Азербайджана в Мексиканском заливе
- Consulate General hosts charity event in California in memory of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- Американский космонавт, астронавт NASA: “Азербайджан восхитил меня”
- Azerbaijani carpets to be displayed in U.S.
- US welcomes the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers held in Vienna