This feeling is mostly created by the architecture and facade of the city. Baku residents are proud that architectures from around Europe have made a strong imprint on its buildings and monuments over the past 100 and so years.
But if the city has a strong European appeal, eastern architecture is never too far either. This mixture of styles and trends makes for an unforgettable sight.
This June, visitors of the inaugural European Games in Baku will be able to enjoy this atmosphere as well as attend captivating competitions that will gather over 6,000 athletes from 50 countries.
During their free time here in Baku tourists will have the opportunity to visit one of the local attractions: the Seaside Boulevard for example which started its development in the 19th century and until now continues to embrace the Baku bay.
On the shady part of the park near Azneft Square there is a place that will bring anyone from sunny Baku to sunny Venice.
Baku’s Venice was constructed in 1960 by Baku mayor Alish Lambaranski, who visited Venice and was impressed by its beauty that he aimed to recreate its charm back at home. He decided to create such a wonderful scenery in his city and soon the seaside park in Baku was the only park in the Soviet Union with such an attraction.
The outstanding European city on the shore of the Caspian Sea offers restaurants and blue channels with gondolas. The so-called ‘Little Venice’ has immediately become the favorite leisure place for locals and tourists.
Children like it because of the ice creams and gondola rides! Parents for their part like the atmosphere and delicious cuisine. At night, the area is romantically lightened up.
Recently, the Italian corner in Baku was reconstructed – making for one shiny and radiant district in the capital. Traditionally, Baku’s little Venice now offers its visitors a magnificent atmosphere with bright white entourage, emerald-green waters in the canals and shady alleys, where millions of ‘love stories’ have been captured.
Guests can also ride gondolas and enjoy both European and local cuisine. Have dinner there and enjoy a piece of romance courtesy of beautiful Baku.
- Мэр американского города Кливленд объявил 28 мая Днем Азербайджана
- В Конгрессе США сделано очередное заявление в связи со 100-летним юбилеем Азербайджанской Демократической Республики
- В Сан-Диего 28 мая объявлено “Днем 100-летия Азербайджанской Демократической Республики”
- Cleveland mayor designates May 28 as Centennial Celebration of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- President of the United States of America Donald Trump congratulated President of Azerbaijan and Azerbaijani people with 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic