Azerbaijani Minister of Internal Affairs, Colonel-General Ramil Usubov has met the newly appointed Ambassador of the United States to the country Robert Cekuta.
Mr. Usubov said the new appointment of the Ambassador would give a push to further expanding relations between Azerbaijan and the US.
The Minister said Azerbaijan attached great importance to development of relations with the US after gaining independence and recalled the services of national leader Heydar Aliyev in establishing the bilateral ties as well as his official visit to the US in 1997.
He also highlighted the intensive socio-political situation in Azerbaijan in the beginning of the independent years, as well as the Armenian aggression, large-scale socio-economic and legal-democratic reforms carried out in all fields of society by the national leader Heydar Aliyev.
Robert Cekuta, in turn, said he would do his best for developing cooperation between the two states, as well as the Embassy and the Ministry of Internal Affairs during his diplomatic tenure in Baku.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports