Azerbaijani Defence Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has today met the newly appointed Ambassador of the United States of America Robert Cekuta to discuss prospects for military cooperation.
Congratulating Robert Cekuta on his new appointment, the Minister touched upon the current state of bilateral military cooperation between the two countries and the positive results achieved in this field and the pending issues.
The Defence Minister stressed the necessity to deepen the military cooperation.
Touching upon the military-political situation, Zakir Hasanov emphasized that Armenia’s aggressive policy continues and noted that though the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs called for a peace agreement within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan, delay of the peace process and Yerevan’s deliberately prolonging of negotiations negatively affect the situation in region.
The Ambassador stressed the US efforts and initiatives to expand ties to achieve peace, which could positively affect the situation in the region and said the idea of a great peace agreement put forward by the co-chairs was welcomed.
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром
- В США обсудили возможности расширения бизнеса с Азербайджаном
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations: Jewish community has long enjoyed peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan
- Margot Ellis, acting assistant administrator for US Agency for International Development visits Azerbaijan