Azerbaijani Defence Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has today met the newly appointed Ambassador of the United States of America Robert Cekuta to discuss prospects for military cooperation.
Congratulating Robert Cekuta on his new appointment, the Minister touched upon the current state of bilateral military cooperation between the two countries and the positive results achieved in this field and the pending issues.
The Defence Minister stressed the necessity to deepen the military cooperation.
Touching upon the military-political situation, Zakir Hasanov emphasized that Armenia’s aggressive policy continues and noted that though the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs called for a peace agreement within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan, delay of the peace process and Yerevan’s deliberately prolonging of negotiations negatively affect the situation in region.
The Ambassador stressed the US efforts and initiatives to expand ties to achieve peace, which could positively affect the situation in the region and said the idea of a great peace agreement put forward by the co-chairs was welcomed.
- US House of Reps member: Azerbaijan is important actor for advancement of global security
- Член комитета по энергетике и торговле Палаты представителей Конгресса США Юджин Грин: Азербайджан – значимая страна для прогресса глобальной безопасности
- Госдеп США: TANAP является прочным дополнительным элементом энергетической безопасности Турции и Европы
- The Mayor of the US capital city of Washington Muriel Bowser signed the proclamation in connection with the centennial of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- Celebration of the Centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in Washington, DC