The “Hoy Los Angeles” weekly, which is the Spanish-language edition of “Los Angeles Times”, released on February 12 a video-interview taken with Nasimi Aghayev, Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles. Also, an article based on the interview was published.
A weekly circulation of over one million, “Hoy Los Angeles” is the largest Spanish-language newspaper in the United States.
Aghayev spoke about the complicated region Azerbaijan is located in, its balanced foreign policy and relations with various countries in the region and beyond, the Consulate General said.
Stressing Azerbaijan’s fight against international terrorism, Aghayev mentioned terror attacks committed against his country in the 1990s.
He also informed the audience about the illegal occupation and ethnic cleansing of Azerbaijan’s territory by Armenia.
Armenia occupied over 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s internationally recognized territory, including Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent regions, after laying territorial claims against its South Caucasus neighbor that had caused a lengthy war in the early 1990s.
Authored by Alejandro Maciel, the newspaper’s Editorial Director, and based on the interview, the article highlights the speedy development Azerbaijan has undergone since independence, its gaining a global strategic importance and becoming a real power in the Caucasus through the smart use of its oil and gas resources. Emphasizing Azerbaijan’s long-standing traditions of tolerance and secularism, the author notes the peaceful co-existence of Muslims, Christians and Jews in the country.
Noting the occupation of Azerbaijan’s lands by Armenia, Maciel underlined that there are numerous international resolutions recognizing Karabakh as part of Azerbaijan and condemning the aggression and ethnic cleansing by Armenia against Azerbaijan. The author also mentions that according to these resolutions Armenia’s acts against the Azerbaijani civilians are condemned as crimes against humanity.
The video-interview and article can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFSbDMFSvBM&app=desktop http://hoylosangeles.com/azerbaiyan-un-pais-en-la-encrucijada-del-camino/
- US House of Reps member: Azerbaijan is important actor for advancement of global security
- Член комитета по энергетике и торговле Палаты представителей Конгресса США Юджин Грин: Азербайджан – значимая страна для прогресса глобальной безопасности
- Госдеп США: TANAP является прочным дополнительным элементом энергетической безопасности Турции и Европы
- The Mayor of the US capital city of Washington Muriel Bowser signed the proclamation in connection with the centennial of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- Celebration of the Centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in Washington, DC