A book on Azerbaijani cuisine became a winner of the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
“Pomegranates and Saffron: A Culinary Journey to Azerbaijan” by Feride Buyuran, Azerbaijani author and food blogger, won the Eastern European cuisine category among the books published in the U.S.
The Pomegranates and Saffron is the first comprehensive cookbook on Azerbaijani cuisine published in the U.S. on October 2014. This publication shows Americans the delicious side of Azerbaijan.
The book contains some 200 recipes of traditional and modern Azerbaijani dishes in 15 categories, including appetizers and salads, soups and stews, vegetarian dishes, pasta dishes, and desserts, all adapted for preparation in a Western kitchen by the author.
The award gives the book a chance to participate in the competition with the other winners of the same category from other countries in the contest Gourmand Best in the World Awards, which will be held in Yantai, China, in June.
The unique book has a 90 percent new content and a 10 percent of best recipes from her blog, mixed with felicitous Azerbaijani proverbs, words of wisdom, and anecdotes.
All the recipes have been collected from different regions of homeland including ancient and forgotten ones.
At present, Buyuran is expecting some good news from James Beard Award and Independent Publishers Book Award to which she has submitted her cookbook.
The Pomegranates and Saffron is also in the spotlight of the U.S. press.
Currently, the book is available in bookstore Ali&Nino in Baku, at for online-order at:http://www.azcookbook.com/pomegranatesandsaffron.
- Азербайджан на XIV Международной конференции по восточным коврам в Вашингтоне
- В Нью-Йорке прошел концерт, посвященный 100-летию Азербайджанской Демократической Республики
- US House of Reps member: Azerbaijan is important actor for advancement of global security
- Член комитета по энергетике и торговле Палаты представителей Конгресса США Юджин Грин: Азербайджан – значимая страна для прогресса глобальной безопасности
- Госдеп США: TANAP является прочным дополнительным элементом энергетической безопасности Турции и Европы