Co-chairman of US Congressional Azerbaijan Caucus Bill Shuster has issued a statement on the 25th anniversary of the January 20 tragedy.The US congressman said that on 20 January 1990, approximately 26,000 Soviet troops stormed Azerbaijan’s capital city of Baku in tanks and armored vehicles and that Soviet military bulldozed innocent Azerbaijanis and opened indiscriminate fire on peaceful demonstrators, including women and children. Shuster called this event as a warning for other republics under USSR. The congressman said that the January 20 tragedy united the Azerbaijani people and resulted with the declaration of independence in Azerbaijan. Shuster also expressed his gratitude to the Azerbaijani people for the sustainable friendship with the US.
- The Governor of the State of California signed a congratulatory proclamation honoring the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- США поддержат азербайджанский бизнес
- Santa Fe proclaims May 28 as Azerbaijan National Day
- Heydar Aliyev Award was presented to former United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld
- Азербайджан и США обсудят перспективы трансграничной торговли