Co-chairman of US Congressional Azerbaijan Caucus Bill Shuster has issued a statement on the 25th anniversary of the January 20 tragedy.The US congressman said that on 20 January 1990, approximately 26,000 Soviet troops stormed Azerbaijan’s capital city of Baku in tanks and armored vehicles and that Soviet military bulldozed innocent Azerbaijanis and opened indiscriminate fire on peaceful demonstrators, including women and children. Shuster called this event as a warning for other republics under USSR. The congressman said that the January 20 tragedy united the Azerbaijani people and resulted with the declaration of independence in Azerbaijan. Shuster also expressed his gratitude to the Azerbaijani people for the sustainable friendship with the US.
- US, Azerbaijan help farmers make affordable animal feed in Zardab
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has sent a letter of condolence to US President Donald Trump
- The US is impressed with the progress in implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor
- США сделали прогноз по добыче нефти в Азербайджане
- Works by American artist Jacob Martin will be shown in Baku