United States Senator Charles Schumer said “we must commemorate the lives lost in the struggle for freedom”.
In response to a letter of the US Azeris Network, Mr Schumer said: “In January of 1990, Soviet forces staged a brutal massacre in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan. The crimes committed by the Soviet Union are still hard to comprehend and their consequences remain apparent.” “The bilateral relationship between the United States of America and the Republic of Azerbaijan is a mutually beneficial one with diplomatic relations extending as far back as 1919. A long-time strategic partner of the U.S., the Republic of Azerbaijan continues to assist in peacekeeping missions and combatting international terrorism.” “I am proud to stand with Azerbaijani-Americans in remembrance of Black January and the sacrifices of the Azerbaijani people,” he added.
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром
- В США обсудили возможности расширения бизнеса с Азербайджаном
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations: Jewish community has long enjoyed peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan
- Margot Ellis, acting assistant administrator for US Agency for International Development visits Azerbaijan