United States Senator Charles Schumer said “we must commemorate the lives lost in the struggle for freedom”.
In response to a letter of the US Azeris Network, Mr Schumer said: “In January of 1990, Soviet forces staged a brutal massacre in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan. The crimes committed by the Soviet Union are still hard to comprehend and their consequences remain apparent.” “The bilateral relationship between the United States of America and the Republic of Azerbaijan is a mutually beneficial one with diplomatic relations extending as far back as 1919. A long-time strategic partner of the U.S., the Republic of Azerbaijan continues to assist in peacekeeping missions and combatting international terrorism.” “I am proud to stand with Azerbaijani-Americans in remembrance of Black January and the sacrifices of the Azerbaijani people,” he added.
- Лотерея Green Card 2019 (DV-2019) – Ранее поданные заявки аннулированы. Новый регистрационный период
- Green Card Lottery – (Diversity Visa Lottery DV 2019) Entries Submitted During October 3-10 are not valid
- ABŞ-ın ən böyük Ticarət Missiyası Azərbaycana gəlir
- Азербайджанская делегация, возглавляемая министром финансов Самиром Шарифовым, отправилась в Вашингтон
- Azerbaijani delegation, headed by the country’s Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, left for Washington to attend the annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund