The first stage of the Varkey Gems Foundation Global Teacher Award contest involved 5,000 teachers from 150 countries.
Muhammad Garakishiyev, an Azerbaijani English language teacher at high school after Academician Zarifa Aliyeva in Balakan District, is among the 50 candidates for the Global Teacher Award established by the Varkey GEMS Foundation, whose Honorary Chair is former U.S. president Bill Clinton.
The bonus fund of the award is $ 1 mln. This award is considered the Nobel Prize for teachers.The first stage of the contest saw 1,300 teachers qualify for the second stage.Some 50 teachers from 26 countries advanced to the final, with Muhammad Garakishiyev being among them. He is also the sole representative of the former Soviet Union in the competition.
Muhammad Garakishiyev was born in the Talalar village of Balakan District in 1981. He received a bachelor’s degree in philology from the Ganja State University. He later obtained a master’s degree in translation and intelanguage theory from the same university. In his interview to AzerTAc, the Global Teacher Award nominee said “this is not only my success, but also of the entire Azerbaijan, the country’s education”. “I am very happy,” he added.
- Baku Olympic Stadium named one of the world’s bests
- U.S. President Donald Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of U.S.
- Azerbaijan`s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov meets with UN Secretary-General in New York
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром