Sabail District, Baku, and Brooklyn, New York City, have signed a protocol on friendship and cooperation.The document was signed as a delegation led by head of Sabail District Executive Authority Asif Asgarov met Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams. Speaking before the signing ceremony, Mr. Adams said he visited Azerbaijan in 2012 to watch Eurovision song contest. He added he was deeply impressed by what he saw in the Azerbaijani capital.Mr. Adams said building business ties between Brooklyn and Sabail will stimulate the bilateral cooperation in the fields of culture and tourism.Mr. Asgarov highlighted Azerbaijan`s development in the years of impendence, and the country`s achievements in the past few years. He also spoke of preparatory work for Baku 2015 European Games, and invited the Brooklyn Borough President to the Azerbaijani capital to watch the event.Mr. Asgarov also highlighted construction work in Sabail. Counsellor of the Azerbaijani Embassy in Washington Mammad Talibov hailed Azerbaijani-U.S. partnership as strategic. He praised the opening of Baku-New York flight, saying it testified to Azerbaijan`s prosperity and positive dynamics of the development of the two countries` relations.Mr. Talıbov said Azerbaijan had rich tolerance traditions, adding representatives of various ethnicities and religions have peacefully co-existed in the country in peace and security for centuries.
- Three Members of the U.S. House of Representatives announced ‘non grata’, banned from visiting Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov made the remarks at the Extraordinary Session of Council of Ministers of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) member-states in New York
- Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted by US President Donald Trump and his wife
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev addressed opening of 72nd Session of UN General Assembly
- Lincoln Center has made multiple mistakes on its website when advertising the Leyli and Majnun event that they are hosting in October