Constitution of Azerbaijan in the Connecticut State Library & Supreme Court Building.
The Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan which adopted in 1995 became the fourth Constitution of the Azerbaijani State reflecting its new historical modification. The history of the constitutional formation of the Republic of Azerbaijan mainly relies upon the period when Azerbaijan was the part of USSR.
The first Constitution of Azerbaijan was adopted on May 19, 1921 in the First All-Azerbaijani Congress of Soviets. A new redaction of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which was in line with the relevant Constitution of USSR of 1924, has been adopted on March 14, 1925 in IV All-Azerbaijani Congress of Soviets. The new Constitution of the Azerbaijani Soviet Socialist Republic has been enacted on April 21, 1978 which reflected the realities of a new historical stage in the history of the country. As the independence was gained, it became necessary to draft a new Constitution. For this reason, a special commission has been established under the leadership of President Heydar Aliyev. The Constitution has been adopted in accordance with the expressed public will in referendum held on November 12, 1995.
The Constitution of 1995 has laid the foundations of the statehood building in the Republic of Azerbaijan. The text of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan consists of 5 sections, 12 chapters and 158 Articles.
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран
- Азербайджан стал вторым на Кубке мира по вольной борьбе