Constitution of Azerbaijan in the Connecticut State Library & Supreme Court Building.
The Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan which adopted in 1995 became the fourth Constitution of the Azerbaijani State reflecting its new historical modification. The history of the constitutional formation of the Republic of Azerbaijan mainly relies upon the period when Azerbaijan was the part of USSR.
The first Constitution of Azerbaijan was adopted on May 19, 1921 in the First All-Azerbaijani Congress of Soviets. A new redaction of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which was in line with the relevant Constitution of USSR of 1924, has been adopted on March 14, 1925 in IV All-Azerbaijani Congress of Soviets. The new Constitution of the Azerbaijani Soviet Socialist Republic has been enacted on April 21, 1978 which reflected the realities of a new historical stage in the history of the country. As the independence was gained, it became necessary to draft a new Constitution. For this reason, a special commission has been established under the leadership of President Heydar Aliyev. The Constitution has been adopted in accordance with the expressed public will in referendum held on November 12, 1995.
The Constitution of 1995 has laid the foundations of the statehood building in the Republic of Azerbaijan. The text of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan consists of 5 sections, 12 chapters and 158 Articles.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports