The Azerbaijan America Alliance hosted its 3rd annual gala dinner November 12th in Washington, D.C. for more than 600 invited guests from Capitol Hill, the Diplomatic Corps, think tanks, academic and business communities. This year’s event highlighted the natural and cultural beauty of Azerbaijan and celebrated the growing relationship between Azerbaijan and the United States.
Themed The Beauty and Natural Wonders of Azerbaijan, the gala was hosted by Mr. Anar Mammadov, successful Azeri businessman and founder of the Azerbaijan America Alliance and held under the honorary patronage of H.E. Ambassador Elin Suleymanov. The evening included a five-course traditional Azerbaijani dinner. Famous Azerbaijani artists, dancers and singers made sure that guests had an unforgettable night. The State Dance Ensemble performed exciting Azerbaijani traditional dances that were followed by mugham singers, Alim and Fergana Qasimov. Tunzala Agayeva and Abbas Bagirov sang modern Azerbaijani and American songs and Emil Afrasiyab performed remarkable pieces of traditional jazz on piano. There was also a spectacular percussion performance from the Natig Rhythm Group that coordinated with the energetic Azeri dancers and encouraged guests to join the dance.
“Baku and Washington are the national capitals of two great friends – Azerbaijan and America! Our cultures and our histories span centuries, and cross a vast ocean and two continents – and yet, we share the same values of respect for our peoples, and for each other, as if we are very close neighbors.” said Mr. Anar Mammadov, founder of the Azerbaijan America Alliance.
The Honorary Host Committee of the gala dinner was comprised of U.S. Senators Richard Burr, Mark Pryor, Charles Schumer, Mark Warner; U.S. Representatives Gene Green, Corrine Brown, Steve Cohen, Michael G. Fitzpatrick, Marcia Fudge, Cory Gardner, Billy Long, James Moran, Pete Olsen, Donald M. Payne, Jr. , Loretta Sanchez, John Shimkus and other cultural, business and media leaders.
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран
- Азербайджан стал вторым на Кубке мира по вольной борьбе