The national carrier of Azerbaijan – “AZAL – Azerbaijan Airlines” introduced direct flights from New York’s JFK Airport to Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport twice a week starting September 24, 2014. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan now provides a special arrangement to facilitate the visa process for US citizens.
Effective September 24, 2014 US citizens traveling to the Republic of Azerbaijan with AZAL’s New York – Baku direct flights will be able to obtain short stay single entry (up to 30 days) visas at the visa section of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport of Baku, upon arrival.
Listed below documents are required to obtain a short stay single entry (up to 30 days) visa upon arrival:
- Valid passport
- Two passport sized photos of the applicant
- State fee: for the US citizens – $160 US dollars.
- Completed visa application form * – fill out upon arrival
- Boarding pass from the AZAL flight
- The invitation letter *
– For business and humanitarian visit- an invitation letter from receiving company/organization
– For personal visit- an invitation letter from an Azerbaijani citizen or a foreign citizen currently legally residing in Azerbaijan along with a copy of their Azerbaijani ID
– For leisure visit – copy of hotel reservation
* marked documents are not mandatory, but recommended
- Азербайджан надеется на яркое партнерство с США и в будущем
- Лавров рассказал о влиянии сложных отношений РФ и США на карабахское урегулирование
- В Лос-Анджелесе представлено богатое творческое наследие Мир Джалала Пашаева
- Piano Recital of Nargiz Aliyarova – New York, NY
- US Ambassador Robert F. Cekuta and his spouse Mrs. Cekuta visited the Salyan American Corner