The Festival is dedicated to fostering better understanding between cultures and to making a positive contribution to the art form of the moving image.
Elchin Musaoglu who has directed more than 50 documentary and feature films decided to make this film after being impressed by a true story told by one of his friend.
The story revolves around a village’s residents who are forced to leave their homes because of an ongoing battle. When war forces the evacuation of villagers out of a mountainous region in Azerbaijan, the formidable aging Nabat, faithfully tied to her family and her land, refuses to leave. Persevering in a deserted village, her resolve is tested through progressively dire circumstances.
Show times and place: AMC Theatres, River East 21, Chicago, IL. October 11, 2014 at 2:00pm, October 12, 2014 at 7:45 and October 22, 2014 at 12:15.
- Mugham Festival gathers talented musicians from the USA, France, Hungary, Italy, Turkey, Germany and other countries
- Global Soundscapes Festival – Из Канады в Азербайджан
- Memory of victims of January 20 tragedy honored in Azerbaijan’s Shusha city
- Thirty-one years have passed since the bloody 20 January
- Karabakh to become ecotourism center of regional importance – Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Azerbaijan