Saturday 16 August marks 300 days until the Baku 2015 European Games Opening Ceremony.
And as the countdown clock in the host city displayed the significant date, the Baku 2015 European Games Operation Committee (BEGOC) presents key facts and figures about the inaugural event.
Next year will see more than 6,000 athletes and more than 3,000 team officials arrive in Azerbaijan to compete for 239 medals and the right to be called European Champion.
In total, BEGOC now employs some 670 people from 33 different nationalities – with all five continents of the world represented.
The spectacular Opening Ceremony will take place on June 12 2015, starting 17 days of competition that will unite Europe in celebration of sport.
Below are the best facts and figures of the Baku 2015 European Games:
– 300 days until the Opening Ceremony
– 12,000 volunteers being recruited
– 49 National Olympic Committees invited as members of the European Olympic Committee
– 19 different sports featured
– 17 days of competition
– 33 different nationalities currently employed by BEGOC
– 670 current total number of BEGOC staff
– 20 total number of competition venues
– 239 total number of medal events
– 3,755 bedrooms in the Athletes’ Village
- Азербайджан надеется на яркое партнерство с США и в будущем
- Лавров рассказал о влиянии сложных отношений РФ и США на карабахское урегулирование
- В Лос-Анджелесе представлено богатое творческое наследие Мир Джалала Пашаева
- Piano Recital of Nargiz Aliyarova – New York, NY
- US Ambassador Robert F. Cekuta and his spouse Mrs. Cekuta visited the Salyan American Corner