A ceremony has been held in Washington, D.C to celebrate the 96th anniversary of the founding of the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan.
The event was attended by officials of the U.S. Defence Department, representatives of the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, National Guard and Seacoast defense, U.S. Defense, Military, Air and Naval attachés of countries accredited in Washington, U.S. Defence Intelligence Agency and U.S. Department of Defense.
Azerbaijani ambassador to U.S. Elin Suleymanov and the country’s military attaché Aghaverdi Guliyev made speeches at the ceremony.
The speakers provided an insight into the history of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces.
The event continued with demonstration of videos about the country and the Azerbaijani Armed Forces.
- City of San Jose in California proclaims October 18 as ‘Azerbaijan Independence Day’
- Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism discussed at International Law and Religion Symposium in the U.S
- Azerbaijan’s Consul General meets U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
- A personal exhibition by Faig Ahmed to open in Washington
- В Азербайджане изменены правила выдачи визы иностранцам