The new Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to the United Nations, Yashar Aliyev, presented his credentials to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on June 11, the UN Department of Public Information reported.
Before his latest appointment, Aliyev served as Ambassador-at-Large for the Greater Middle East, the Non-Aligned Movement and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 2011.
He was previously Ambassador to the United States between 2006 and 2011. He served as Permanent Representative and as Counsellor and Chargé d’affaires in different periods.
- Известная американская радиопрограмма подготовила цикл передач об Aзербайджане
- President Ilham Aliyev received US Congressional delegation
- Азербайджанская газета Azernews начала распространяться в США
- US Chargé D’affaires opens conference marking World day against trafficking in persons
- Art exposition of young Azerbaijani-American female artists held in Los Angeles