The new Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to the United Nations, Yashar Aliyev, presented his credentials to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on June 11, the UN Department of Public Information reported.
Before his latest appointment, Aliyev served as Ambassador-at-Large for the Greater Middle East, the Non-Aligned Movement and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 2011.
He was previously Ambassador to the United States between 2006 and 2011. He served as Permanent Representative and as Counsellor and Chargé d’affaires in different periods.
- City of San Jose in California proclaims October 18 as ‘Azerbaijan Independence Day’
- Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism discussed at International Law and Religion Symposium in the U.S
- Azerbaijan’s Consul General meets U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
- A personal exhibition by Faig Ahmed to open in Washington
- В Азербайджане изменены правила выдачи визы иностранцам