The new Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to the United Nations, Yashar Aliyev, presented his credentials to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on June 11, the UN Department of Public Information reported.
Before his latest appointment, Aliyev served as Ambassador-at-Large for the Greater Middle East, the Non-Aligned Movement and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 2011.
He was previously Ambassador to the United States between 2006 and 2011. He served as Permanent Representative and as Counsellor and Chargé d’affaires in different periods.
- US, Azerbaijan help farmers make affordable animal feed in Zardab
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has sent a letter of condolence to US President Donald Trump
- The US is impressed with the progress in implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor
- США сделали прогноз по добыче нефти в Азербайджане
- Works by American artist Jacob Martin will be shown in Baku