“Absheron Sharab”, “ASPI Wineries”, “Az-Qranata”, “Caspian Coast”, “VinAgro”, “Goy-Gol” and “Sherq Ulduzu” companies showcased their products at the largest international wine and spirits trade show of the United States with the support of Azerbaijan Export and Investment Promotion Foundation (AZPROMO).
Roughly 15 types of brandy, white and red wines made of indigenous sorts of Azerbaijani grapes such as Bayan Shira and Matrasa, along with locally grown international varieties of wine grapes as Chardonnay, Merlot, Shiraz, Riesling, Muscat and Cabernet Sauvignon were presented to the exhibition participants.
Azerbaijan has all the natural conditions — mountainous terrain and close location to the Caspian Sea — for the emergence and development of winemaking.
Wine is produced in several regions of Azerbaijan. Vineyards are found at the foothills of the Caucasus Mountains and in the Kur-Araz lowlands. In the 21st century, Ganja, Nagorno-Karabakh, Shirvan and Nakhchivan have emerged as centers of wine production in Azerbaijan.
Vineyards in these regions account for about 7 percent of the country’s cultivated land. The regions are famous for 17 vine and 16 table grape varieties.
Currently, there are nearly 10 wineries and vineyards producing wine in the country.
- Bloomberg: Азербайджан в числе самых стремительно набирающих популярность турнаправлений
- Эльмар Мамедъяров: Бакинский международный торговый порт повысит транзитную способность стран региона
- Эльмар Мамедъяров встретился в Нью-Йорке с помощником госсекретаря США
- Эльчин Азизов выступает на легендарной сцене Метрополитен-опера в Нью-Йорке
- Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met US Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Wess Mitchell in New-York