Azerbaijan’s and Turkey`s flags were solemnly hoisted in front of the Capitol Building in the State of Arkansas on the Turkic-Arkansas Friendship Day. Turquoise Council of Americans and Eurasians (TCAE) and umbrella organization of Turkic American associations organized the Turkic-Arkansas Friendship dinner in Little Rock, Capital of Arkansas.
The event was attended by Secretary of State Mark Martin, members of the Arkansas senate and House of Representatives and other officials.
Azerbaijan was represented by the embassy counselor Mammad Talibov.
Speaking at the event, Talibov spoke of the strategic US-Azerbaijan partnership, implementation of such major projects as the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan, Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum pipelines and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and Azerbaijan`s contribution to the energy security of Europe through the South gas corridor. The diplomat noted that the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the only problem threatening security in the region. He briefed the participants on the history of the conflict. Talibov thanked the Arkansas legislators for adopting a resolution supporting sovereignty and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and strategic partnerships between USA and Azerbaijan. He noted that Azerbaijan marks the 22nd anniversary of the Khojaly massacre. He thanked the State of Arkansas for joining the ranks of countries, which recognized the Khojaly massacre. According to him, recognition of the Khojaly genocide by some countries and US states raise hopes for restoring justice.
- Западный Голливуд штата Калифорния объявил 28 мая Днем Азербайджана
- Член Сената штата Калифорния, сенатор Джеф Стон и депутат Роки Чавез приняли резолюцию в связи с Днем Республики в Азербайджане.
- Американский штат Utah принял декларацию в связи с Днем Республики Азербайджана
- Santa Monica and West Hollywood Proclaim May 28 as Azerbaijan’s National Day
- Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles