The Senate of Arkansas State of the U.S. unanimously adopted resolution calling for support of independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan, and its strategic partnership with the U.S..
The cooperation between Azerbaijan and the U.S. in the areas of energy security, fight against terrorism, drug trafficking and human trafficking is highly appreciated in the resolution, the Azerbaijani Embassy in the U.S. said.
The document also notes Azerbaijan’s achievements in the economic sphere and the country’s role in the region in the implementation of large-scale projects such as the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline and the Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline, the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway.
The resolution emphasizes the recognition of sovereignty and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan within its internationally recognized borders by of such authoritative organizations as NATO, the UN, and OIC.
Both houses of the Arkansas legislature adopted resolutions on the 21th anniversary of the Khojaly genocide in 2013.
The United States recognized Azerbaijan’s independence in December 1991. Diplomatic relations between the two countries were established in February 1992. Seventy-six documents are included in the legal framework for bilateral cooperation.
- The Governor of the State of California signed a congratulatory proclamation honoring the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- США поддержат азербайджанский бизнес
- Santa Fe proclaims May 28 as Azerbaijan National Day
- Heydar Aliyev Award was presented to former United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld
- Азербайджан и США обсудят перспективы трансграничной торговли