The U.S. State of New Mexico’s senate adopted a resolution dedicated to Azerbaijan on February 13, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los-Angeles said.
The resolution notes that the United States supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty, and the international community does not recognize Nagorno-Karabakh as an independent entity.
“The OSCE Minsk Group is tasked to facilitate negotiations between Armenia and Azerbaijan toward a political settlement of the conflict based on the principles and norms of international law and the decisions and documents adopted by the OSCE and the applicable UN Security Council resolutions,” the document said.
The resolution stresses regarding this, that the UN Security Council in its four resolutions reaffirmed support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and demanded the immediate, complete and unconditional withdrawal of all Armenian forces from all of the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
It further notes that the international community, including such international organizations as the NATO, the UN, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the Non-Aligned Movement, reaffirmed support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and recognized that the conflict should be resolved on the basis of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan within its internationally recognized borders.
The state legislators requested the U.S. administration to reinvigorate efforts aimed at a swift and just settlement of the conflict.
The New Mexico Legislature also adopted a resolution remembering the victims of the Khojaly Massacre committed by Armenia in 1992 against Azerbaijani civilians in 2013.
This is the second resolution on the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict adopted in the U.S. in 2014.
A similar resolution was adopted on January 30 by the Arizona State Legislature supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
- Азербайджан на XIV Международной конференции по восточным коврам в Вашингтоне
- В Нью-Йорке прошел концерт, посвященный 100-летию Азербайджанской Демократической Республики
- US House of Reps member: Azerbaijan is important actor for advancement of global security
- Член комитета по энергетике и торговле Палаты представителей Конгресса США Юджин Грин: Азербайджан – значимая страна для прогресса глобальной безопасности
- Госдеп США: TANAP является прочным дополнительным элементом энергетической безопасности Турции и Европы