Azerbaijan`s Embassy in Canada and the Canada Azerbaijan Partnership Association have co-organized a commemorative ceremony in Toronto to mark the 22nd anniversary of the Khojaly Genocide.
The event brought together Azerbaijani students studying at Waterloo and Toronto universities, as well as members of Azerbaijani community in the city.
Addressing the event, Ambassador Farid Shafiyev urged members of Azerbaijani community to strengthen their efforts towards making the country`s realities known to the Canadian society.
Chairman of the Canada Azerbaijan Partnership Association Ilham Akhundov stressed the importance of the installation of a monument to Khojaly Genocide in one of the central parks of Toronto in terms of increasing the Canadians`s awareness of the tragedy.
- В Лос-Анджелесе состоялась премьера фильма «Командировка в вечность», снятого при поддержке Фонда Гейдара Алиева
- Президент Ильхам Алиев принял делегацию во главе с командующим Транспортного командования США
- Los Angeles hosts the U.S. premiere screening of Azerbaijani film “Life-Long Mission”
- Monterey City of California honors the 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s National Flag
- U.S.-Caspian Innovation Summit to take place in Boston