The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan reported that U.S. Mission to Azerbaijan Charge d’Affaires Dereck Hogan visited Sumgait on August 20.
Hogan first met with local nongovernmental organization representatives at the Democracy and Human Rights Centre. He then visited Sumgait Executive Committee Chairman Eldar Azizov to learn more about the city.
Hogan also visited Sumgait’s Education USA Center where he met with U.S. exchange program alumni.
“I am constantly impressed by the calibre of Azerbaijani alumni who travel to the United States on exchange programs,” he said. “These individuals help build strong bonds between Azerbaijan and the United States.”
Dereck Hogan then met with American Peace Corps volunteers who serve in and around Sumgait. Hogan finished his visit by touring the Sumgait Technologies Park and meeting with representatives from the Social Union of Legal Education of Sumgait Youth.
News from Today.az
- Зимняя акция от AZAL: Бесплатный авиабилет детям при путешествии с родителями
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) announces a new winter campaign: Free air tickets for children traveling with parents
- Бакинская высшая школа нефти укрепляет партнерские связи с Baker Hughes, General Electric Company
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элин Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”