The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan reported that U.S. Mission to Azerbaijan Charge d’Affaires Dereck Hogan visited Sumgait on August 20.
Hogan first met with local nongovernmental organization representatives at the Democracy and Human Rights Centre. He then visited Sumgait Executive Committee Chairman Eldar Azizov to learn more about the city.
Hogan also visited Sumgait’s Education USA Center where he met with U.S. exchange program alumni.
“I am constantly impressed by the calibre of Azerbaijani alumni who travel to the United States on exchange programs,” he said. “These individuals help build strong bonds between Azerbaijan and the United States.”
Dereck Hogan then met with American Peace Corps volunteers who serve in and around Sumgait. Hogan finished his visit by touring the Sumgait Technologies Park and meeting with representatives from the Social Union of Legal Education of Sumgait Youth.
News from Today.az
- В Лос-Анджелесе состоялась премьера фильма «Командировка в вечность», снятого при поддержке Фонда Гейдара Алиева
- Президент Ильхам Алиев принял делегацию во главе с командующим Транспортного командования США
- Los Angeles hosts the U.S. premiere screening of Azerbaijani film “Life-Long Mission”
- Monterey City of California honors the 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s National Flag
- U.S.-Caspian Innovation Summit to take place in Boston