The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan reported that U.S. Mission to Azerbaijan Charge d’Affaires Dereck Hogan visited Sumgait on August 20.
Hogan first met with local nongovernmental organization representatives at the Democracy and Human Rights Centre. He then visited Sumgait Executive Committee Chairman Eldar Azizov to learn more about the city.
Hogan also visited Sumgait’s Education USA Center where he met with U.S. exchange program alumni.
“I am constantly impressed by the calibre of Azerbaijani alumni who travel to the United States on exchange programs,” he said. “These individuals help build strong bonds between Azerbaijan and the United States.”
Dereck Hogan then met with American Peace Corps volunteers who serve in and around Sumgait. Hogan finished his visit by touring the Sumgait Technologies Park and meeting with representatives from the Social Union of Legal Education of Sumgait Youth.
News from Today.az
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles
- U.S. City of Phoenix proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day & 100th anniversary of its diplomatic service celebrated in Los Angeles