Azerbaijani Ambassador to U.S. Elin Suleymanov expresses his feelings about the tragic events at the Boston Marathon.
It was a shock to see the attack on the Boston Marathon and we share the pain and sorrow of our American friends. For me personally, this was an especially sad day because people were killed and injured at the Copley Square, one of my own favorite places in the world.
Yet, in the face of this terrible tragedy, I am reminded of how resilient the communities in Boston and in the neighborhoods are. During my student years in Medford, I was always impressed by the spirit of the community, and now, in these difficult days, that spirit keeps the people strong and confident.
When difficult challenges arise, we witness the Americans respond with the best of their character, commitment for one another and compassion for those affected. This is certainly true of Boston today. It is painful to see the horrific aftermath of this act of evil. Yet, at the same time, it is the strength of the people, among who I lived and studied, my friends and neighbors that will remain the most lasting memory of these trying days in Boston.
Azerbaijani Ambassador to U.S. Elin Suleymanov
- Arizona State Capitol event highlights Azerbaijan’s multiculturalism and interfaith tolerance
- The Senate of the U.S. State of Arizona adopts a proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- Внук выдающихся композиторов Закира Багирова и Гара Гараева – саксофонист Зульфугар Багиров выступил на Нью-Йоркской сцене
- Американский наблюдатель: Опыт независимого Азербайджана по проведению выборов – пример для многих стран
- Азербайджан стал вторым на Кубке мира по вольной борьбе