Azerbaijani Ambassador to U.S. Elin Suleymanov expresses his feelings about the tragic events at the Boston Marathon.
It was a shock to see the attack on the Boston Marathon and we share the pain and sorrow of our American friends. For me personally, this was an especially sad day because people were killed and injured at the Copley Square, one of my own favorite places in the world.
Yet, in the face of this terrible tragedy, I am reminded of how resilient the communities in Boston and in the neighborhoods are. During my student years in Medford, I was always impressed by the spirit of the community, and now, in these difficult days, that spirit keeps the people strong and confident.
When difficult challenges arise, we witness the Americans respond with the best of their character, commitment for one another and compassion for those affected. This is certainly true of Boston today. It is painful to see the horrific aftermath of this act of evil. Yet, at the same time, it is the strength of the people, among who I lived and studied, my friends and neighbors that will remain the most lasting memory of these trying days in Boston.
Azerbaijani Ambassador to U.S. Elin Suleymanov
- Baku Olympic Stadium named one of the world’s bests
- U.S. President Donald Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of U.S.
- Azerbaijan`s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov meets with UN Secretary-General in New York
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром