News from AzerTAc.
A parliamentary delegation of Canada has today arrived in Azerbaijan.
The visit was organized by Azerbaijan`s Embassy in Canada, as well as the New Azerbaijan Party and the country`s Parliament.
The delegation led by MP, Chairman of Azerbaijan-Canada Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group Barry Devolin, included MP Wladyslaw Lizon, Senators Yonah Martin and Salma Ataullahjan.
As part of the visit the Canadian delegation will hold a number of meetings with Azerbaijani officials.
The visit aims to become familiar with the current state of the region, as well as to discuss prospects for developing cooperation, in particular inter-parliamentary relations between the two countries and to exchange views on strengthening the ties with the New Azerbaijan Party.
The Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group has operated since 2006. Barry Devolin has been elected as the new chairman of Canada-Azerbaijan Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group at the first meeting of the group
News from http://www.azertag.com
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia