Canadian parliamentarian, Azerbaijani ethnic Reza Moridi has been appointed Minister for Science and Innovations in the biggest province of Canada Ontario. Moridi, specialist in nuclear energy, is born in Azerbaijani-populated city of Urmia in Iran, but he has been living in Canada for already 20 years.
He became the first Azerbaijani elected to the Canadian administration. Before appointment, Minister Moridi has served as a deputy of the Canadian parliament from the liberal party, representing the Ontario province for six years.
Moridi is also the vice president for science and technologies at the Canadian Institute of Radiation Security-organization, which assists to creation of radioactive security at home, at work, at educational facility and in the environment.
As an active member of the Azerbaijani diaspora, Moridi defends the interests of the Azerbaijani community of Canada, as well as is involved in spreading information about Azerbaijan, including about Nagorno Karabakh region.
- Azerbaijan featured at the “Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show”
- Arizona Senate holds presentation on Azerbaijan
- Las Vegas World Affairs Council hosts a presentation on Azerbaijan
- Nevada synagogue hosts an event on Azerbaijan’s model of interfaith harmony
- В Университете АДА учреждена стипендия имени Лютфи Заде