World famous Azerbaijani scientist, professor of University of California Lotfi A. Zadeh was awarded BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award in the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) category.
Economics reports that the scientist received this award for the invention and development of fuzzy logic. This “revolutionary” breakthrough affirms the jury in its citation, has enabled machines to work with imprecise concepts, in the same way humans do, and thus secure more efficient results more aligned with reality.
Note that in the last fifty years, this methodology has generated over 50,000 patents in Japan and the U.S. alone.
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia