On January 22, the Center for Eurasian, Russian and East European Studies (CERES) at Georgetown University will hold a public lecture on “Economic Migrants and Displaced People in Azerbaijan”. CERES directs one of preeminent Master`s degree programs and hosts a rich outreach program on events on the area from central Europe to the Pacific to the Mediterranean, Black and Caspian Seas. It is a National Resource Center funded by the US Department of Education and provides a broad and deep understanding of Eurasian, Russia, East European affairs to audiences at Georgetown and throughout the Washington community.
The event will take place at Edward B. Bunn Intercultural Center of Georgetown University. Republic of Azerbaijan which has suffered from military aggression of neighboring Armenia and has 16% of its internationally recognized territory under Armenian occupation has the largest refugee/IDP population per capita in the world. Close to 600 thousand people out of nearly one million Azerbaijani refugees are recognized as internally displaced persons (IDPs) in their own country.
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia