Co-Founder and Director of the U.S. Azeris Network (USAN) Bedir Mammadov, Co-Founder of the Washington Center for Azerbaijan Studies Gadir Shiraliyev and the Executive Director of the United States – Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USAAC) Susan Sadigova met with the U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan Richard Morningstar in Washington.
The meeting focused on the U.S.-Azerbaijan cooperation in various areas and the occupation of the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan by Armenian armed forces.
The participants expressed their hope for a more active U.S. involvement in resolving the conflict. They also discussed ways to increase the involvement of the Azerbaijani-American community in the processes of development of bilateral relations. The leaders of the organizations also expressed concern over the U.S. aid to Nagorno Karabakh and Section 907, as well as the positions of several pro-Armenian U.S. Senators, notably, Robert Menendez and Barbara Boxer regarding this issue.
- Американский посол: Азербайджан – наш надежный партнер
- Зампомощника госсекретаря США: Азербайджан впечатлил нас своими усилиями
- Канадская компания увеличит инвестиции в Азербайджан
- Elin Suleymanov: Karabakh conflict continues to be very strategically dangerous to whole region
- Посол Азербайджана в США сделал заявление по Карабаху