Co-Founder and Director of the U.S. Azeris Network (USAN) Bedir Mammadov, Co-Founder of the Washington Center for Azerbaijan Studies Gadir Shiraliyev and the Executive Director of the United States – Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USAAC) Susan Sadigova met with the U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan Richard Morningstar in Washington.
The meeting focused on the U.S.-Azerbaijan cooperation in various areas and the occupation of the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan by Armenian armed forces.
The participants expressed their hope for a more active U.S. involvement in resolving the conflict. They also discussed ways to increase the involvement of the Azerbaijani-American community in the processes of development of bilateral relations. The leaders of the organizations also expressed concern over the U.S. aid to Nagorno Karabakh and Section 907, as well as the positions of several pro-Armenian U.S. Senators, notably, Robert Menendez and Barbara Boxer regarding this issue.
- World-famous Azerbaijani composer Firanghiz Ali-Zadeh to perform in Los Angeles
- Azerbaijani oncologists win award in California
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev: The Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America are bound together by the ties of friendship and cooperation
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan met with the Assistant to the President of the United States of America for National Security Affairs
- The Azerbaijani side expresses its gratitude to the United States as co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group for organizing a meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia