There are great opportunities to develop relations between Azerbaijan and US, particularly the state of Texas, said Henry Roberto Cuellar, member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Texas`s 28th district at a meeting with first vice-speaker of Azerbaijan National Assembly Ziyafat Asgarov on Thursday.
Henry Roberto Cuellar said the purpose of his visit to Azerbaijan, which made a pleasant impression on him, was to exchange views on this issue.
He said this April he would visit Azerbaijan again with a group of congressmen. Henry Roberto Cuellar also noted Azerbaijan and Texas had a lot in common. “We have ample opportunities for comprehensive development of our relationship. Reciprocal visits will serve expansion of cooperation and strengthening of friendly relations between our peoples.”
For his part, Ziyafat Asgarov praised Azerbaijan-US relationship. He said Azerbaijan had always attached great importance to development of its ties with the United States since it restored independence. He praised the fact that Azerbaijan-US relations had reached the level of strategic partnership.
Asgarov noted Azerbaijan, which suffers Armenia`s aggressive policy and terrorist acts, had always stood by the United States in fight against international terrorism. “Azerbaijan also actively participated in NATO`s international peacemaking operations.”
Then the sides discussed various aspects of political, economic and cultural relationship between Azerbaijan and US.
- Elin Suleymanov: “Independent Azerbaijan is best tribute to sacrifice of those who died during January 20 events”
- Элина Сулейманов: “Независимый Азербайджан – это лучшая дань памяти жертвам событий 20 января 1990 года.”
- 29th Anniversary of the “Black January” tragedy
- ASAN Service centers to render consular services in Azerbaijan
- Тело убитого в США азербайджанца будет доставлено на родину