By virtue of its traditions of tolerance, Azerbaijan has been recognized as an exemplary country not only among Muslim states, but throughout the world, President of the US-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding Marc Schneier said March 5, Trend reports.
He was speaking at an international conference “From Interreligious and Inter-civilizational Dialogue to Cooperation.”
He noted that religious tolerance have ruled in Azerbaijan for hundreds of years. He also said that Heydar Aliyev played a special role in strengthening tolerance in Azerbaijan. Religious tolerance became a priority issue for Heydar Aliyev, Marc Schneier added.
He noted that the organization he represents aims to build a bridge between evangelical Christians and Muslims around the world.
Based on the foundation’s observations, it can be said that so far there has been no complete understanding between Muslims and evangelical Christians, he added.
However, the participation of well-known evangelical leaders in this event in Azerbaijan contributes greatly to the essence of the event, he said.
- Фонд возрождения Карабаха организовал поездку в Агдам делегации Азербайджано-американской торговой палаты
- Посольство США в Азербайджане поблагодарило служивших в Афганистане азербайджанских миротворцев
- ABŞ səfiri: Naxçıvan beynəlxalq turistləri qəbul etmək üçün ideal bir məkandır
- Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Governor of the U.S. State of Oklahoma
- Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to US