Azerbaijani carpets, renowned worldwide for their beautiful designs and vivid colors, are the illustrative history of the art and the culture of the nation as the carpets of each period reflect various patterns and elements of their time.
Its distinct color palette and design allows to easily recognize Azerbaijani carpet. An unusual scheme of cherry red, yellow-green and sky blue adds color distinction to masterful draftsmanship of the Azerbaijani carpets. Its patterns differ depending on the region in which and the layout and material from which it is woven.
The Azerbaijani carpet is the soul of the room with its amazing color and unique design. While they beautify the interior design, carpets are considered both a property and an investment. The number of carpets spread on the floor, their quality and texture is a sign of a family’s prosperity.
However, the Azerbaijani carpet is more than just an item of beauty or a property for trade. The carpet weaving sector annually creates a range of employment opportunities, brings currency to the budget and also spreads the traditional Azerbaijani art and culture in the world.
Washington D.C. will soon host an exhibition of Azerbaijani carpets and rugs.
Guests of the event scheduled for September 7 will be able to get aquatinted with Azerbaijan’s traditions of carpet weaving, Report.az informs.
The exhibition will be held at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, and will be followed by an official reception.
In 2010, the Azerbaijani carpet was proclaimed a Masterpiece of Intangible Heritage by UNESCO.
Ancient Azerbaijani carpets are stored at the White House, the U.S. State Department, and many other museums across the world, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, and the Museum of Art in Philadelphia, as well as the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and Hermitage in St. Petersburg.
- США как давний друг Азербайджана всегда готовы участвовать в установлении мира в регионе
- “Спорт – очень важная часть культуры азербайджанского народа. Азербайджан и США развили широкое партнерство в этой области”- Эрл Литценбергер
- Президентом Американской торговой палаты в Азербайджане впервые избрана женщина
- Оружейник из Канады подарил азербайджанскому музею мечи, кинжалы и щиты
- Наша задача – показать хороший результат в финале Всемирных соревнований по акробатической гимнастике в Баку – спортсменки из США