Azerbaijani tar virtuoso Ramiz Guliyev will perform at the Festival in Toronto, Canada.
Ramiz Guliyev, People’s Artist of Azerbaijan, professor of the Baku Music Academy has won the Award of Caucasian Music Performers in Japan and ranked first in the Fifth Competition of Moscow Artists Unity in 1974.
The Azerbaijani virtuoso musician was awarded a special prize in the International Folklore Festival held in the USA by the UNESCO in 1988.
The tar, a long-necked plucked lute and one of the most important musical instruments in Azerbaijan and the Caucasus, was included in the UNESCO list in 2012. The tar is traditionally crafted and performed throughout Azerbaijan.
The festival date is July 27 – 30, 2017 at the Toronto Harbourfront Centre.
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles
- U.S. City of Phoenix proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day & 100th anniversary of its diplomatic service celebrated in Los Angeles