Nobel Prize laureate, professor at the University of North Carolina Aziz Sancar has received an honorary doctorate from Azerbaijan State Economic University (UNEC).
The decision of the university`s Science Council was announced by rector Adalat Muradov at a conference devoted to Aziz Sancar.
Aziz Sancar is a Turkish-American biochemist and molecular biologist specializing in DNA repair, cell cycle checkpoints, and circadian clock
The rector also said that the university instituted “Aziz Sancar” Award for the best researchers that will be given starting from the next academic year. “UNEC will also set up a food engineering laboratory after Aziz Sancar,” rector Muradov said.
- Посольство США в Азербайджане поблагодарило служивших в Афганистане азербайджанских миротворцев
- ABŞ səfiri: Naxçıvan beynəlxalq turistləri qəbul etmək üçün ideal bir məkandır
- Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Governor of the U.S. State of Oklahoma
- Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to US
- Джейхун Байрамов встретился с губернатором Оклахомы