“Dance”, an academic work by prominent Azerbaijani composer Frangiz Alizada, will be performed in the framework of tour, organized by the world-renowned Kronos Quartet, Trend Life reported.
The musical piece was written on the basis of folk dance elements and reflects the various dance rhythms.
Alizade enjoys long productive cooperation with Kronos, which has presented her works, including Mugamsayagy, Absheron, and Oasis since 1993.
Grammy Award-winning quartet Kronos was created in 1973 under the leadership of David Harrington. The ensemble counts numerous performers from around the world among its collaborators, including the world famous mugham singer, Azerbaijani People’s Artist Alim Gasimov.
American string quartet performs works by such famous authors as Alban Berg, Anton Vebrn, Samuel Barber, Gia Kanchelli Steve Raikes, Peteris Vaskas.
Noteworthy, Kronos Quartet premiered “Dance” in San Francisco, on February 4.
The concert, which was attended by more than 500 spectators, was held in the famous San Francisco Jazz Center. “Dance” enjoyed a warm public welcome.
The composition is expected to be performed in the Netherlands, Poland, France, Slovakia and China.
Frangiz Alizada is an Azerbaijani composer and pianist, currently living in Germany. She is best known for her works which combine the musical tradition of the Azerbaijani Mugam and 20th century Western composition techniques, especially those of Arnold Schonberg and Gara Garayev.
Firangiz Alizada’s works have been performed at festivals in Stockholm, Warsaw, London, Heidelberg, Amsterdam, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Frankfurt, Berlin, Zurich, Bonn and Cologne.
- President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to US President Joe Biden
- Президент Ильхам Алиев: Азербайджан и США связывают дружеские и партнерские отношения
- The US Embassy in Azerbaijan has hosted an event to mark the 246th anniversary of the independence of the United States of America
- В посольстве США в Азербайджане отметили День независимости
- США как давний друг Азербайджана всегда готовы участвовать в установлении мира в регионе