A march in support of Turkey against the Armenian allegations about the so-called “Armenian genocide” was held in the United States.
Thousands of people from different countries, in particular Turkey, took part in the march, which started from the White House in Washington. The march called “March of Peace and Unity” was organized by the Turkish-American National Committee.
Representatives of many countries such as Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan, Ethiopia, Iraq, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Uzbekistan and the United Arab Emirates as well as the representatives of the Turkish-American National Committee took part in the march.
Turkish and Azerbaijani ambassadors to the U.S. Serdar Kilic and Elin Suleymanov also participated in demonstration.
They carried signs protesting against Islamophobia, Armenian terrorism and voiced slogans condemning the aggression against Azerbaijan. Turkish and Azerbaijani demonstrators have prepared various posters reflecting information about the Khojaly genocide and four UN Security Council Resolutions adopted over the Nagorno-Karabakh war.
The Armenian authorities and diaspora claim that the predecessor of modern Turkey – the Ottoman Empire – carried out a “genocide” against Armenians in 1915 in Anatolia. They annually raise their voice, calling for the recognition of the unreal events of 1915, inviting the international community to unanimously blame Turkey for the actions of its predecessor.
- Впервые в Бостоне заслуженный артист республики Азербайджан – Шовги Гусейнов
- Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has expressed condolences to President of the United States of America
- Президент Ильхам Алиев выразил соболезнования Дональду Трампу
- Azerbaijani Communications Minister Meets US Ambassador
- Министр транспорта, связи и высоких технологий Азербайджана Рамин Гулузаде встретился с послом США